Monday, September 8, 2008

Garfield minus Garfield


Officially my new favorite creation in the magical world wide wed is garfieldminusgarfield.com. The idea is simple and hilarious. To take Garfield the cat out of Garfield comic strips leads you to find a bipolar and despondent John Arbuckle. Or as the website states at the top of the page, "It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights the losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb." 
The website posts a new comic strip just about everyday. You may be thinking that the website could get old after a while, but the comics stay fresh and funny. At least in my opinion. I guess watching a middle aged man yell at the wall for no reason will always be funny. 
After a while of reading these comics I realized that the absence of Garfield does not really make John much crazier. I mean the guy talks and yells at his cat all day and is still has a hopeless love life. Nonetheless I like the comic strip more without Garfield. 

No comments: