Wednesday, October 1, 2008

10 Greatest Albums of The New Millennium



There is no real reason why I devised this list. I just like lists, and hopefully I can cause some debate (if anybody reads this).

10. Songlines, The Derek Trucks Band
9. Paparazzi Lightning, Ghostland Observatory
8. I'm Wide Awake It's Morning, Bright Eyes
7. The Big Come Up, The Black Keyes
6. The Greatest, Cat Power
5. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, The Flaming Lips
4. A Ghost Is Born, Wilco
3. The Odd Couple, Gnarls Barkley
2. Elephant, The White Stripes

1. In Rainbows, Radiohead. The guitar is abstract, vocals soothing, and rhythm section simple. There is no repetition as each track sounds different from the next. The disc opens with "15 Step," which starts with a drum beat that is fast passed and intense and contrasts well with the Thom Yorke's calming voice and the jazz-rock arpeggios of the guitar. Tracks like "Reckoner," "All I Need," and "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" have such intense and complex sounds that I can't even begin to fathom how they were composed. In Rainbows deserves to be the best album of the millennium. 

No comments: